Journey To the End of the Earth (Well, Almost...)

Stories from Antarctica

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Scrabble-mania!

Rainy day off, what do you do? Play scrabble! I found a couple willing participants, then kicked their asses in the best game (Fluke) of my life. Final score was 334. But I lost the next game...

Also, check out this week's issue of the Antarctic Sun. I made it in the paper. There is a section where I think more or less everyone in the USAP gets to answer a question. It's kind of fun.



On the subject of Blue Whales, I have heard that they feed along the Peninsula, but it is rare to see them, especially nearshore. One of the captain's of the research ship has been working here for more than a decade and has only seen one. Minke and Humpbacks are common around here, Killer Whales occasionally move through the area. I think Finn whales feed around here but are also extremely rare.

1 Comments:

At 1/2/07 08:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home